* We're in the home stretch of the school year! We aren't out until June 12th but we're pretty busy so I'm hoping it goes quickly!
* Jacob and Sarah have their Kindergarten Celebration of Learning this week. I can't believe they are almost 1st graders!
* Last week, we had to request teachers for next school year. We had no trouble deciding to keep the twins in separate classrooms for this year...but they both actually asked to be together next year. After a lot of debate, we decided to keep them in separate rooms for next year but told them we could talk about it again next year when looking at 2nd grade.
* Sarah's first dance recital is in a month. I can't wait to see it!
* I found out last week that I'm apparently allergic to Morel mushrooms. For the 2nd time, I ate them and got sick within just a few hours. The last time it happened, I wasn't sure if maybe something else was the cause but the same thing happened last week. No more mushrooms for me!
* Poor Adam has been hit with some bad seasonal allergies this year! The poor guy has been miserable the past few weeks with a stuffy nose, swollen, itchy eyes, and lots of sneezes and sniffles. Both Paul and I have some seasonal allergies so its no surprise but I feel so bad for him!
* Another tough situation with Adam is that he's also developed some major bedtime anxiety the past 2 weeks. Part of me wonders if its related to the allergy medicine he's taking. Or maybe its just because he has trouble breathing and has a hard time sleeping. Or maybe its just a phase....I don't know for sure what it is but its put me on this crazy line of being very frustrated with him and just wanting him to relax and go to sleep so I can get my homework done and get to bed myself....or feeling so bad and melting when he says "I love you. I miss you. I just want to cuddle with you. (in between sobs) and wanting to forget everything else I have to do and just lay with him all night, cuddled up and watching him sleep.
* Adam's daycare recently opened up a brand new facility, bringing all 3 daycares under one roof. The owner and staff really made the facility amazing and he's really enjoying his 'new school.'
* Remember that awful class I had last semester...well thankfully the group project I worked on got a perfect score! I'm glad all the hard work paid off.
* I have 4 classes this summer. First up are 2 for Summer I. So far they are decent and not too much work although I do have a big project to pull together that I need to get working on. I forget what Summer II classes are but they don't start till mid June.
* Jacob wrote me this awesome note on my board last week. "Mom I love you and did you know that you are really the best mom I ever had but I'm sorry that when I be bad I will still always love you." Heart officially melted....
* Paul and I had a date night a few weeks ago at one of our local/favorite wineries. They host a Winemaker's Dinner twice a year with amazing food, paired with wine for each of the 5 courses. We've been to several and always have a great time - the food is wonderful, the wine is great and we always make new friends!